Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Foot feels a little better today but I had to wear my Lands End slip ons with dressy black pants and a nice beaded sweater! NOT sexy. Can't wait for the chiropractor (kinda cute) to see me in those later. My back is aching from limping with the bad foot. Can't win.
Tried to scrap last night after picking up the prescription. DH made me shut the lights out in my room and go out to elevate my foot on the recliner. I read about 5 pgs. and started snoring!! Oh well, maybe tonight I can play.
Monday, January 30, 2006
On a good note, I had a successful crop. We had a newbie and she got a lot of 8x8 pgs. done of our Hawaii trip. So much fun. I only got 6 12x12s done but I was the hostess so I was expecting that. It's better than none!!
Friday, January 27, 2006
1. Eggs? Fried or Scrambled? Both, but fried have to be fried, not over easy.
2. Chocolate covered cherries? Depends on my mood, not my fav but if I'm having a sweet craving, bring 'em on!!
3. When eating a salad, what type of dressing do you prefer to use? Bleu Cheese
4. Peanut Butter? Creamy Skippy
5. If you HAD to eat only one flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what flavor would it be? Pistachio
6. Thick or thin crust pizza? Thick or hand tossed
7. Salsa? Hot, Medium, or Mild? Medium
8. Toast? Lightly toasted or practically burnt? Meduium
9. What is your FAVE food item at Taco Bell? Mexican Pizza
AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST
10. When are you MOST LIKELY to pig out during the course of a day? Definitely afternoons!
G's band played in a talent show last night and were disappointed they didn't win. Funny though, he said he thought it was because they had a screamer. I told him that everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe the judges didn't like that kind of music. It was a good experience for them.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
5 things about me
What were you doing 10 years ago? Starting a new part-time job at the university, just barely squeezing in 15 hrs. because my youngest was in kindergarten.
What were you doing 1 year ago? Probably away on a snowmobile trip. Not enough snow yet this year!
Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
1. Reeses's pb cups
2. Holy Guacamole & blue chips
3. White chocolate covered Oreos
4. Ice cream
5. Bleu Cheese spread with Keebler Snackers
Five songs in which you KNOW all the lyrics:
Breathe by Anna Nalick
Any song by Jack Johnson
Stitched up by Herbie Hancock & John Mayer
Smooth by Santana
American Pie by Don MacLean
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Buy a vacation home on an island or lake
2. Take a cruise or go to Hawaii with the whole family
3. Pay off ds's college loans.
5. Buy a cabin in the mountains and on a lake for our “winter home”
Five bad habits:
1. Showing my emotions. I should say not being able to hide when I'm irritated or don't like someone
2. Eating too much
3. Being too quick to answer dh's sentences
4. Not being able to make a decision
5. Spending all of my time stamping or scrapping instead of keeping mom or dh company
Five things you like doing:
1. Making cards/stamping
3. Posting on SBA
4. Walking on the beach
5. Shopping for scrap or stamp stuff
5 things you would never wear, buy or get again:
1. a mini van
2. pleated pants
3. a bikini
4. an egg cracker (forget the name)
5. CM tape runner
Five favorite toys:
1. my stamps
2. my iPod
4. my computer/Internet connection at work
5. caller id
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I pulled my things out last night & found two more events for 2001!!! Not too happy. I did complete one 2 pg. and set another out for tonight.
I'm hoping J gets a phone call back today about a job. I can't take the one car family syndrome any more!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY CAR BACK. I am such a spoiled brat.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Anyway, my room is done! Got the shutters up, tapestry valences up. Now we just need some bookshelves so I can get rid of the ugly plastic table that has all of my shtuff on it!!
It's snowing like crazy. Was so surprised they didn't cancel today. I was swearing at the guy on the recording (JK) this morning. Now they're talking about letting us go at 1 p.m. I hope so!! Maybe I'll scrap some!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Something that’s always on display: Family Pictures
One thing I will never throw away: Dessert that hasn't gone bad!!
The best gift I have ever received: My grandmother's porcelain bowl
An unusual thing in my purse: Hmmm, maybe a toothpick or flosser threader?
Something that’s always in my trunk: I don’t have a trunk in my SUV. But there’s always jumper cables, an emergency kit and a blanket
Something I never want to run out of: Toilet paper, water, lipstick
My favorite pair of shoes: Clarks clogs
Something I never take off: nothing that I can think of!
Something I sleep with every night: my pillow
Something that triggers a memory: I agree - either pictures, smells or a song
Something my children fight over: Who gets to use the drums or who gets the last Propel
One thing that’s on my wishlist: I want to go on a cruise
Something I’m embarrassed to admit I like: E! T.v.
Something I collect: scrapbook and stamping supplies
Something I avoid at all cost: Milk
Let’s see….and I tag 2 other ladies at SBA…I have to find them first!!
Ok, it looks like Wendy in MD hasn't been tagged on this one!
1. Sweets - I've been staying away lately but I absolutely could live without food if I could eat desserts nonstop. I love cheesecake, cookies, chocolate with chunks (nuts, coconut, etc.), ice cream, rice pudding, you name it!
2. Stamping - I would spend all of my free time stamping if I could. Sometimes I need a break and switch to scrapping but stamping is my passion.
3. Posting on SBA and blogging while I should be working!
4. Shopping for sb or stamping things!
5. Hmmm...having a hard time coming up with another. Maybe there's not enough guilt in my life?!! hehe Ok, just thought of another .....margaritas!!
Not sure who to tag? I guess who ever reads this and hasn't been tagged already. AND......found someone........Dina in AZ!!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to book club at my neighbor's on Fri. night. I don't actually know what book they read. I can't finish a book in a month because I read a page or two to relax (around 10:30-11 p.m.) then fall asleep. I wake up, read the same sentence and fall back to sleep. Isn't it amazing how your eyes seem to go to the same spot?!! So the book club is really a girls night out with wine and appetizers. This time there will be margaritas (my personal favorite) so it'll be good. well.....back to work!!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Monday was a nice day off. Got some shopping done and I found these awesome pants at Target. I don't usually get anything there but just decided to try some that were marked down to $16. They fit great!!! I have the weirdest shape and can never find things to fit me. I'm like an upside down pear. So anything that fits my waist, hangs off my butt & legs. I was very happy with my purchase. I even bought some not on sale (same style but different color).
I think I have a winner on my crop date with the 29th of Jan. Can't wait to have the girls over~
Saturday, January 14, 2006
We are supposed to get snow tonight. It's been balmy all weekend but the temp is supposed to drop and give us 3-6 inches of snow. Drove G to a friend's house and he'll get dropped off in the a.m., just in time for band practice. Maybe we'll get 10 inches of snow and they won't be able to get here?!!
4 Jobs You Have Had in Your Life:
1.Programmer Assistant at Liberty Mutual Insurance
2. Admin. Assistant at a mortgage company
3. Office Manager/Quality Control at a mortgage company
4. Office Manager at a University (where I am now)
4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Dirty Dancing, Stepmom, Simon
4 Places You Have Lived:
Wilmington, MA, Londonderry, NH, Rockford, MI, Lansdale, PA
4 TV Shows You Love to Watch:
ER, Will & Grace, E! TV while on the treadmill, HGTV shows
4 Places You Have Been on Vacation:
Disney World, St. Maarten,Quebec, Aruba, Hawaii (oops, that's 5 so I'll stop there).
4 websites you visit daily:
Scrapbookaddict.com, twopeas, theHungersite.com, www.comcast.net, scrappersanonymous.com
4 of your favorite foods:
Cheesecake, seafood, filet mignon, chips & Holy Guacamole salsa
4 places you would rather be right now:
In my scraproom, on an island, in a hot tub, at the mountains in front of a fireplace
I don't think I'll tag yet since I haven't shared my blog!!
Friday, January 13, 2006
It's been so busy at work (so I'm just squeezing in a post at 3:30 :-). I have one more week of craziness before the semester begins and it's total mayhem!!!
Maybe I shouldn't say this yet but all is quiet on the home front. That is, of course, until band practice starts on Sat.!!! Youngest asked if he could have two different sets of kids over for band practice, one on Sat. and one on Sun. DH will be watching the big Patriot's game on Sat. night so he said it had to be over by 7:00. I'm going to have to go out shopping because I don't think I can endure that noise for so long (3:00-7:00)!! And the same goes for Sun. but only from 1-4:00. I would much rather deal with the noise than have them somewhere else getting into trouble. Well, back to work....until later!