Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ugh....a quick, boring update!

I haven't been able to post much or play much. I've been swamped at work with pesky students and needy faculty!!

It's so cold out today (18) and will be even colder tomorrow (single digi's). The one good thing is that my appliances are coming! I'll try to take a photo to post but it's really hard getting my kitchen in. I cannot wait to get the old microwave off my counter. I hate the clutter!!

I don't know what is wrong but I need my cardmaking mojo back. I opened up my CTMH order last night to play but couldn't get anything done. I just sit and stare at my Valentine stamps & embellies and can't get any further. I did make two cards. They're ok but not great. One is for my 17 yo. and I know he will love it so I guess that's all that counts. I almost got a card made but couldn't find any shiny gold paper in my huge stash. It has gold french writing on the background and I used some texture - burgundy shantung paper and a sort of mesh piece that has gold through it. I need to search for gold paper on my lunch hour. I've checked Mike's before and they don't have it, only silver. Not sure if this card is for my dh or my 20 yo and his gf. I still need to make one for my mom too. I don't know if it's the Valentine's thing and maybe the pressure to make a good one for my family or what.

Oh well..back to Payroll and phone calls and dissertation hearing paperwork!!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

OK, 18 sounds incredibly cold to me and single digits even worse. You must be warm-blooded up there :)

And yeah, I'm still excited and jealous about your new appliances. Can't wait to see! I totally relate about the microwave - what I could do with that counter space in my crowded kitchen :)