Friday, January 26, 2007

Murphy's Law....

I'm going in late today because I'm waiting for appliances to be delivered. My son asked for a ride to school so off we go. He told me not to take a left and go under the railroad bridge but to go further up and take a left. He said the traffic backs up at the intersection in front of his school. My neighbor was in front of us so he said he could prove that we'd get to the school before they did.

So.....I took the left and there was a train. It was pretty short so we thought we'd still be ok. The gates never went up. I turned around, went further up to go around. Of course we got to school long after the neighbor and I had to call him in for being 5 minutes late. LOL It never works the way you want it to.

So now I'm waiting for my delivery. The window is 9:30 - 11:30. Kowing my luck, it will be at 11:30. Oh well..time to throw in some laundry and post on my blog before work!

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Still doing the happy dance for your new appliances!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that your appliances are coming in. I can't imagine living w/o a washer and dryer even though I did do my own laundering in college .. yes manually ... I've been spoiled.