Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The semester begins......

What a rat race today. Busy, busy, busy. We've had three lines ringing at once, students at the door, etc. My son came into visit for a bit and I couldn't even speak to him until I took care of three students and a few phone calls!!

Then this afternoon the rush began again. We have 4:00 classes mostly so it's crazy in the afternoon. This pesky little science student came in and gave me a hard time. I gave it right back to him. He was one that we almost rejected. It's going to be a long 2 yrs. with him!!!!!!! I think I put him in his place though. He was still mumbling as he left. As if we'd change our procedures to suit just him!!! I wanted to say, "You are the only thick one who doesn't understand!". I bit my tongue and told him nicely, sort of.

So then my son called from the bookstore. Ugh....I ran over to pay for the first se4t of books (around $150). I already paid him for the supplies he bought and he will need more. I suppose I shouldn't complain. Some Science or Math books cost $80-120 each!! He was able to buy most of them used, thank God!

I'm sure tomorrow won't be any better or Thurs. Friday will be nice since we don't have classes on Fri.!! Yeah...later, alligator!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sorry it's such a madhouse, but yeah for no class on Friday, baby!