Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

It was a whopping 6 degrees at my house this morning. I seriously hate to think about homeless people in this weather. It really bothers me. I'm also thinking about the tons of people who are without power still from the ice storm. I have a coworker who came home from a cruise to find that he lost power. I don't think it's back yet since Monday! Also, my oldest does not have heat in his car. We offered to pay for it to be fixed but he can't see the point. It will cost a ton because he has a "low rider" car and it's not easy to get to. Anyway, I'm seriously hoping he didn't have to work today or took his gf's car!!

I didn't get much done last night in the card/scrap area except for another one or two monogram cards for my cousin's daughter. She likes to send thank yous to all of the people who give her little gifts (she's slightly spoiled but a good girl). So she's had comments from the recipients who loved her cards.. She ran out so I'm making more! It's nice because I can use up my scraps and all of the "schlock" (my good friend's word for way too much junk!). Later!

That's about it

2 comments:

Angie said...

YIKES! It was 22 here in AR when I got up this morning - that's cold for us southerners.

Here is the Hummingbird Cake recipe:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups diced bananas
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
Do NOT use mixer. Combine flour, white sugar, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Add eggs and oil stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, pineapple, nuts and bananas.
Pour into 3 9-inch greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
To Make Cream Cheese Frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter or margarine. Cream until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Frost cooled cake.
I love the pic of you and your oldest son below. I pictured you different with dark hair. Isn't it funny how we get ideas in our heads about what people look like before we see them!
Keep that other son in line. Just a little bit longer and he will graduate too!

Anonymous said...

yesterday's morning our temp was 29 and I had considered that cold already ;-) ..

btw, I just saw your picture w/ your son below - great photo. .. and I had to look at the tats ;-) hehe ..