Sunday, January 11, 2009

The best intentions....

Well....it wasn't a very productive weekend for me. I semi cleaned the house, shoveled the front and back stairs (YES, more snow - 6 inches), and the snowmobile trailer.

Tonight I finally sat down to play and I just didn't have much luck. I wanted to play with some new stuff (only new to me). It's Crushed Velvet Flock by Doodlebug. A good bloggie friend sent it to me (thanks, Betsy! Wanna come up and play in the snow?!). So...first I decided to do a flower. I stamped the green stem in regular SU ink and then wiped off the flowers and got them glued up with my Glue pad and stamped. I put the flock on the flowers and it came out kind of nice. I made a mother's day card because I was looking for pp to match and only came up with Mother's Day paper. It wasn't my favorite. That will be put in a pile for my SIL's shop.

Then I tried to make a a single flower with just the glue pad (Tsukineko's Essential Glue Pad). I filled in lines with a glittery pen,. That came out kind of nice. I put stickles in the center. It's really blurry but you get the idea. I'll have to figure out what to do with it.













Then I tried stamping two little babies because my niece is having twins - a boy and girl!! We're very excited. I used a Zig two way glue pen and it didn't completely cover the pink. The blue came out great. I still haven't made the card but here's how cool they look. Don't they look soft and furry?











Then I decided to do the same (stamp and fill in with a glue pen) to a cupcake. It's for one of my little nieces. It's very girly girl, glittery card. I started out trying out a color combo but it never happened. I was trying for SU Kraft, Pink Passion and Lovely Lilac. I just couldn't do it so I left out the Kraft. The Bazzill Blingz CB background was from another great bloggie friend (thanks, M!!!). The purple paper on the cupcake was painted over with Angel Wings Shimmerz. Those bling flowers to the right are CTMH.


5 comments:

Paula said...

Ok, first that's a lotta snow...whew! Love the babies...the do look soft n fuzzy! Love the cupcake card AND your flower....you've been busy playing!

Peggy said...

It looks to me like you did have a productive weekend! They all came out great! Love the little babies. Way too cute!

Peggy

Anonymous said...

The twins are cute, yep soft and fuzzy. I think you had a very productive weekend, way better than mine. I was supposed to have fri pm alone for crafting but dh was on call and he had to work. Oh well, there will be other nights.

Great cute card btw, love how you used the embossed one. I love the CS blingz and the bling-bling. I'm sure your niece will love it. :-)

Kimi said...

The babies turned out adorable! That looks like fun stuff to play with.

Looks like you had a pretty productive weekend betwwen the cards & all that shoveling. Just promise to keep the white stuff up there where you are. I don't want any. : ]

Mary C said...

Oh Michelle those babies look so cute! I love the cupcake card, so pretty, I love the colors that you used on it.