Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Feminine Roots

Hi Stampers!  Hope your summer is going well.   I was dying to make a card with my new Rooted in Nature bundle, and I had to make a card for a female friend who likes green.  I decided to see if I could get it to work.  Here is the result.  I started by stamping leaves in soft colors (Soft Sea Foam, Gorgeous Grapefruit) and then I used a Sponge Dauber to add the darker colors on the edges.  I cut a bunch out and started placing them behind that wood piece, on top of a panel of Wood Textures dsp*.  The wood stump was stamped in Crumb Cake and edged with Early Espresso for the bark.  I decided it needed more color so I cut two Celebrate pieces in Gorgeous Grapefruit.  They were glued on top of one another for more dimension.  I kept searching for something to add to the layers, and finally found these flowers which were a freebie from a Paper Pumpkin a few months ago.  I never realized they were white on the back!  A tiny pearl from the Share What You Love suite was added to the top of each flower.  I think it makes it a bit tropical, don't you?  Anyway, let me know what you think.  Did I manage to make Rooted feminine? Let me know if you have questions.  Thanks for stopping by!

p.s.  You can click on either of the graphics to purchase from my online store if you're interested!  *DSP (designer series paper) is on sale until July 31st!!  Buy three, get one free.  Check out the deal below.

















DSP SALE:  






No comments: