Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nothing finished...

I started to alter a wooden N for my little cousin's wall last night. I painted the letter white and then went through my papers. I couldn't find the right one. I went back and forth and finally chose a Basic Grey pattern that was pink and green. Her walls are a pale celery green and the bedding is pink and green.

I cut the letter out and kept looking at it. I decided to go to the registry at Babies R Us to see again what the bedding & valance looked like. It just wasn't working. I was about to give up and go to the lss today to find the right paper when I stumbled across a piece just wide enough to work. So that'll be my project tonight. This is my first altered letter so I'm a little nervous!!

If you have any tips, please leave them for me!


Theresa said...

Hi- Wow -you sure do put a lot of thought into your gifts- i like that- no suggestions here- sorry.

I been very bad about visiting-so I will be catching up over the next couple of days.

Have a nice mid week day.

Pia said...

cut carefully! It helps to sand the edges to smooth them out. I have never done one, I am just going by other stuff I altered.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I bet it comes out wonderful! I can't wait to see it :)

P.S. I agree with Theresa - you sure do put a lot of thought and care into all of these things. I'm so impressed :)