Friday, May 14, 2021

Cocktails, anyone?!!

I love playing with the Nothing's Better Than set!  The little cocktails are so cute.  My husband and I love tropical places and drinks.  I tried to create a card that looked like a pool.  What do you think?  I also created another for my cousin.  She has a pool as well, and her birthday is very close to my husband's.

For my husband's, I used Crumb Cake as a base.  I added a piece of retired braided twine to hide the line between water and wood.  He loves Blue Hawaiians, so I made both drinks blue.  I put the Bermuda Bay piece through the Old World Paper embossing folder.  I thought it looked like water.  Unfortunately, that retired, but I think you could use the Bark embossing folder. I cut the sentiment label with Stitched So Sweetly in Mango Melody, and the Cocktails in Granny Apple Green.  The cocktails were colored in with Stampin' Blends.





For my cousin, I used a Bermuda Bay base, with a piece of wood (crumb cake) that was sitting in my scrap pile forever!  I believe this was send through the Wood Planks embossing folder with Craft White Ink.  She got one of my favorites, a Hurricane (the pinky red drink).  Hope she liked it!
















Some products used:











No comments: