Friday, September 22, 2017

Inky Fall Leaves

I love fall, don't you?! I saw this tutorial on Pinterest (Jackie Bolhuis has a video) so I decided to try it with the pretty leaves in Colorful Seasons.  It uses a baby wipe and reinkers for a stamp pad.

I started by folding two baby wipes into a rectangle and put them on a clear block F.  I then dropped reinker spots of Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry in a random pattern.  I would use maybe three or four drops of each color within the rectangle.  Then I stamped into the ink with the solid leaf stamp. You can move around a bit to get the colors, but not too much as it will become brown.  My first card has some white on the leaf but I think it's a cool effect.  I stamped a bit more with the second card and it's deeper.  I wish I had more yellow here.  I added some leaves which I cut from the Seasonal Layers Framelits and adhered my piece to an Old Olive panel, stamped a sentiment, and backed it with a tiny strip of Rich Razzleberry.

You can shop for these products at my store 24/7.  Just click the highlighted products above or click on the flower to the right.  I am running a special throughout the month of September.  Purchase $75 in product, and I will send  you a set of the new Black Rhinestone Jewels.  I love them!!

Thanks for stopping by and let me know if I can answer any questions!














1 comment:

Jana said...

I just love how the leaves look so real with the various shades you used.
Love this post!!!
Jan