Thursday, October 23, 2008

Old man winter is upon us...








Brrrrr...it's cold out there! The temp was in the low 30's before I left for work. I heard on the news last night that it would be in the 20's in some places but never heard where.

I don't think we've ever been this cold this early. I'm predicting a cold and nasty winter!

What do you keep your temperature at? Ours is set at 68 degrees. It's been nippy enough in the house for me to wear a sweatshirt - so unlike me. Why is it that 68 degrees in the spring/summer/fall is a nice and comfortable temp and it feels so cold in the winter?!

Ok, I had nothing to blog about today so that's all folks!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Not trying to rub it in (I swear) but we are still roasting in the 80s. Not that I want 30s but I would like to at least turn off my a/c & open a window. It's been running non-stop since May!

Linda Murphy said...

It's been in the 90's here in Phx, but in the high 50's or low 60's at night. We open the windows at night and if we are home during the day, we turn the a/c on for a bit to keep it cool in the warm part of the day. I think 20's and 30's is TOO cold! lol!

Looking forward to those 80's that dawn is talking about!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Brrrrr is right! A front moved through our area today and dropped it to low 60's during the day and it's supposed to be in the low 40's at night this weekend, which is great for us. Ours doesn't seem early, but that's probably just because I'm tired of heat and summer.

As for the thermostat, I think ours is really low, maybe 65 or 67 during the day and lower at night when we go to bed. I'm cheap, because electricity and gas are so high here (and we have a really old unit that needs replacing). But, inevitably, I will get cold and bump it up!

:)