Monday, February 18, 2008

18th birthday dinner...












We had my ds' bday dinner yesterday. My boys are so easy. They get the choice of going out to their favorite restaurant or having me cook their favorite meal. They both always choose the same thing - chicken, broccoli, ziti at home. It used to be chicken lasagna which was a little more work but the adults enjoyed it more.

The other thing is, they don't like cake. We always have to have a Carvel ice cream cake. Not anymore....my youngest loves a homemade ice cream cake that I made over the summer with ice cream sandwiches. It's in the Kraft Family Foods magazine. So I made two of those just in case. I am NOT a cake decorator and I thought it was just family. I put an 18 in Hershey's chocolate. It came out terrible but it tasted good.






















He brought two friends for dinner - one male, one female, so we had a dining room full. It was fun though.

We had so much fun playing with little Miss Reese! They pulled her bandana up to give her a bubushka. It was hysterical.




















Then she had to leave....She has a cute little hooded fleece. Hysterical!








Oh, he loved his grungy card!!! His ff could not believe I made the card! Too cute. If she only knew how easy it is....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Reese's style haha !! too cute. Glad your ds had fun on his birthday! Have a great day !!!

Hafeeza said...

Reese looks so cute!
I have a B'day coming up this week and it like you said,they prefer the home stuff here too.
I like going out and get a little disappointed when they prefer to stay home and have me cook,but at the same time i feel special that they really do like my cooking.

Hafeeza said...

When i said i have a b'day coming up.. i meant my son's b'day not mine...

Linda Murphy said...

Sounds like a great birthday celebration-glad he liked the card and the pup looks very stylish!

Juls said...

Love the doggy and the outfit, love it too! I'm glad your son had a great b-day. How nice of him to choose to stay in and eat mom's cooking.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my word, I could totally inhale that cake!

That is the cutest stinking dog :)