Friday, July 17, 2009

Going backwards....

Here's another day of photos, ok well just a few. This was at Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, ME.


Sand Beach - this was gorgeous but very cold! I had a sweatshirt on and nearly went into shock when the water touched my toes. The temps were 65-70 and it was windy.



























This was at Jordan Pond. We ate at a really nice restaurant and this was the view. We had Maine Crab Cakes and popovers here. Yum!

















They had outdoor seating which would have been great if we weren't so cold! We opted for the dining room which was quaint.














There was a really nice overlook with lots of rocks to climb on and a cave below. Unfortunately all the photos had us washed out because of the sun.









6 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Yum, Maine crab cakes sound delicious.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I would love some cold weather about now.

Cheri said...

Wow! Those pictures are beautiful! I have never been to the east coast! It is a dream of mine to get that way someday and see it all. Till then post pictures any time!!! I love seeing it!

maia said...

oh, I'd love to take a vacation to that part of the country! very nice views.

LovePet said...

it was a very great view.. i like it so much.. have a dream to go there..

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

So beautiful! Hard to believe you would need a sweatshirt, I can't picture that kind of weather for July :)

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! Sorry it was so cold. Maine can go either way, but it sure was pretty!