Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane always has great memes. Here's one for you. Let me know if you decide to play.
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually wrap but toward the end on Christmas Eve, I've been known to shove a few gifts in bags! But they are well wrapped in tissue.
2. Real tree or artificial? OOOps, I guess this requires my own answer. I used Stacy's by mistake. We get a real tree and John hates to string the lights! LOL
3. When do you put up the tree? We usually do it a week after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? If not before, then New Years Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, with a little rum mixed in.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm not sure but it was probably a doll of some sort. I was a real girly girl.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have one that my aunt made for my mom when I was young. It's ceramic and it has little kids dressed for the parts. It's adorable.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me! Ha, I do have a habit of buying a few things for them and then a few things for me! LOL I'd have to say my oldest son.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm not coming up with anything. Oh yeah, someone gave me a seriously honkin' huge bath set (crystals, bubble bath, etc. in purple).
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually pick up a couple of things here and there but the majority is after Dec. 1st.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think I may have once or twice...but it was a good one, I swear!!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mmmmm...the cookies, fudge, spiced nuts, ham, etc.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear - the boys always begged for colored so I did it one year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have a serious issue as mentioned before. I have about 40 Christmas cds. I love it all from Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles (or maybe it's just Don Henley?) to John Bon Jovi to traditional Bing. I do love Sarah McLachlan and Bare Naked Ladies doing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are usually home until Christmas afternoon. Then we head to my big family gathering for a while.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When the boys were young we would let them open one on Christmas Eve. This was a gift already under the tree from a family or friend. The rest are opened on Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Definitely the commercialism.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with family & friends.