Monday, May 14, 2007

If you don't have anything nice to say....

Don't say anything at all. This is what my mom used to tell me when I was younger but I just can't resist.

Do people actually THINK when they buy Mother's Day gifts? My stepsister bought my mom a hanging plant (outdoor). My brother bought my mom a mum plant. What irritates the crap out of me is that she lives with ME. They both know this. So now is it MY responsibility to plant the mums and hang the plant on the porch I don't have? What were they thinking (if they were in fact thinking)?! I hate gardening and do not want to deal with it.

She said she could just dig a hole and put the mums around the rocks where we already have some. I told her not to. There was a pattern to how my dh planted the ones we wanted and bought. So they're in her room for now. She left the hanging plant on the bricks we have out front!!!

Am I being ridiculous here? I'm sure I am but I just can't help myself.

I have to end on a positive note here! I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Diana said...

My mother would drive me crazy if she lived with me. I'm a little OCD and my DH and kids understand and sometimes tease me about it. If there was a plant somewhere out of place it would just have to go. I always buy my Mom books. She is very hard to buy for and always says a phonecall and card is plenty but I know I like getting stuff. Now I got flowers. There's nothing wrong with that but they came with a big brown fluffy teddy bear. Now I'm going to have to find a charity to donate it to. I should just tell my kids to call me and the next time they see me they can just shower me with hugs and kisses. I usually buy my own stuff anyway LOL!!!!

Jodi said...

Hugs! It would irritate me as well!

Stephanie said...

I think it would irritate me as well. Maybe they should have baught her a picture frame with a special photo that she could hang in 'her' room. Sorry about that hun. I hope you are able to find a place for it. Are they the type of plant that can be planted in a 'inside pot' and be left in her room? That way she has to take care of them, if they die, it's her fault because she is the one that didn't water them? Just a thought.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

No, I don't think that other people think. I truly believe a lot of people don't give gifts with the recipient in mind, but they often buy what they want for themselves.

As Diana said, I think I would go nuts if one of our parents lived with us. No, strike that, I know I would, so I totally admire you for having your mom with you. Plants or no plants. :)