Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our ride to the ME coast...












We decided to take a long ride to Boothbay Ha-Ba (harbor spoken with Maine accent). It took longer than we expected and it was smaller than expected but it was a cute little harbor. I would love to have walked around the shops but my dh wasn't going for it.

We thought about staying for the night but just didn't plan ahead enough.

We stopped at a wharf restaurant - nothing fancy, just picnic tables on a wharf overlooking the harbor. I got fried clams and scallops and dh got fried clams and shrimp (so we could share). It was decent but not the best we've had.

It was cloudy at first but then the sun came out. You can tell it was low tide by some of the photos.

There's a footbridge that takes you from one side of the harbor to the other and that would have been nice if I had been able to walk across and shop on the other side!!

Here are a few photos.













































3 comments:

Paula said...

What a pleasant way to spend an afternoon!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

The pictures are great! Man, what I wouldn't give to visit up there, it looks so peaceful and idyllic. And you're killing me with the seafood. I would eat my weight in the first few days, I think!

Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

That was quite a ride!
Glad you had a great time at Bah Habah.