Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08

Sorry, Maia, I had to steal your title! It's too much fun to type!

So what is up for you on this supposedly lucky day?

I heard there's a possibility of someone in my family secretly getting married. Shhhh...

As far as my house, there's nothing happening. I will have my usual boring Fri. night by starting with food shopping. After that sometimes dh and I go out to dinner. Tonight I have to make a dessert or two for a cookout on Sat. I think I will make lemon lush. My family are big into lemon flavored anything and spinach! I usually get asked (or told) to bring spinach squares. During the summer they ask for lemon dessert. It's easy to make and nice and light and delish. Here's the recipe: (ok, this is a little different than mine. I use confectionery sugar - is that what they mean? I found this on allrecipes.com. Can't find my own!).

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine the flour and butter using a pastry cutter until a ball forms. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and well blended. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.

In another bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and milk for 3 to 5 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set, then top with whipped topping.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyhoo, Sat. we have a family cookout and Sun. I have a Silpada jewelry party at my future SIL's. We are finally meeting her family. Should be fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Michelle !!! the title is not mine originally either ;-D.

Got to think about a good easy to make dessert as well for next weekend. We'll be celebrating DH's bday with a few folks. Maybe I'll try something lemony ... its summer after all.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love the title! I've heard that the Chinese consider the number eight very lucky, so this should be a good day :)

Wow, you've got a busy weekend coming up. Sounds like a lot of fun too. That cake sounds awesome. I like lemon stuff too, but my DH is not a citrus fan. I love main dishes like orange chicken or lemon chicken from Chinese places, but he won't touch them with a ten foot pole. He will, however, eat my mom's lemonade cake. It's super easy - a cake mix with a change or two, put in a bundt pan and bake, then cover with a lemon glaze at the end (frozen lemonade concentrate and sugar). It's good in the summer, and I bet yours is too :) Can't go wrong with cream cheese!!!

Have a great day and weekend :)

Linda Murphy said...

Yum, dessert is a very good way to start the weekend!

I've been to Silpada jewelry parties here and have a few earrings. I wish I could afford more or would get inspired to actually make my own!

Have a great weekend. Lemon lush-I was almost expecting a delicious drink!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog--- I love reading through yours! This lemon stuff looks good! Have a great weekend and thanks again for commenting!