Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend...

We got back from Maine this afternoon. It was a fun weekend but the snowmobiling wasn't as great as we thought. Some of the trails were windblown and bare. It was a little rough going up one steep, muddy hill and then back down again! I'm still sore! My back, arms & shoulders ache.

I had some nice bonding time with my son because our friend was missing for a while so my dh decided to go back to see what happened to him. He was going to catch up and meet us at this field. I have a brand new machine and needed to get some practice anyway. So my son and I went back and forth and I got some comfort with it. Anyway, we waited and waited and my son offered to go back to see where they were. They finally showed up. There was a thin patch of ice going across a little stream and it was scary but we all made it. Apparently he didn't. His sled got caught under the ice (just the ski) and he tried to pull it out & ended up in the water (very shallow). So my dh had to help him pull it out.

Then on the way back my dh said he'd get the machines across. So he did his, came back for mine, got the ski caught under the ice and my son had to help him pull it out. That was enough for me. They need to rebuild the bridge that was in that spot. Would you believe we had two cameras and didn't take one shot this weekend?!!

I didn't end up going Sat. because the guys found a new way and said there were several streets to cross and other sketchy areas so the girls decided to stay back.

So my friend and I went to Portland shopping at ACM & a shoe store. I got two pair of comfy shoes. They're not pretty but they're helping my horrible feet out.


So the guys got back before us. We ordered Chinese food, overate and fell asleep early! We decided to come home this morning instead of going for another ride.
I forgot to mention that we got a flat tire on the trailer on the way up. Not fun.
Back to the grind tomorrow.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I want to go to Maine. Have to go to Indiana this year to visit my Mom. Haven't seen her in two years! Isn't that terrible? You know when you have long distance relatives it's hard to "share" and she won't travel anymore which is a real bummer. Guess my kids will have to come here this year.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are all safe. I would hate to get wet in that temperature. Even if its just your feet ... i think my knees and ankles will shiver so painfully ...

Michelle Quinno said...

Somehow I never get cold! I'm always dressed for it and believe it or not, it's a lot of exercise so you're moving and warming up. I've never been in water though!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like fun, and glad you had a good time and got to spend some time with your son :)

Me being me, I focused in on the comfy shoes and the Chinese food, LOL!

Hope you have a terrific week!