Sunday, March 15, 2009

Three Clovers Thursday Challenge #4






















I knew I had to play along when I saw this photo. I have seriously been trying to use up ten years worth of stash!! I thought of this flowery paper when I looked at the gorgeous cake.

I made this for my niece who LOVES orange. She has a big furry orange chair in her room and all kinds of orange decor. I wish she lived closer to her Godmom/Aunt. She loves crafts and her mom doesn't. I could keep her busy!!

Don't laugh -- her birthday isn't until August but I made this with her in mind. I used SU Regal Rose cs and also Marigold Morning (I think?) and some Bazzill Bling in a celery color. The cupcake & flower bling are Hero Arts and sentiment is Amuse. I painted over the Pumpkin Pie marker with Shimmerz on the cupcake.





Go and check out Kerry's blog and see how the talented ladies over there got inspired by this cake.

7 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...you had the PERFECT DP for this challenge. I think you nailed it this week! Great card!

Kerry D-C said...

Super fun card!! Your niece will love it!! glad to see that you are using up some of your stash too! Thanks for participating this week!

Anonymous said...

I have that flowery paper ! ;-). Love the colors and I'm sure your niece will love it.

Pia said...

Great card Michelle, you will be so happy in August when you have her card ready! I have so many birthdays in March and April and am so far behind.

Paula said...

Awesome card...way to nail a challenge!

Kristen said...

Definte. you matched the colors perfectly, and you are ahead of the game with the b-day card. Great job with the challenge.

Theresa said...

that cake looks yummy-
making cards for August already? I love the feeling when I am ahead on stuff- unfortunately I am behind on stuff currently which I'm not very fond of that feeling.