Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fishy by the tide

I got this By the Tide set in recently and I finally got the chance to ink it up.  I love this set!  I find it very hard creating scenes though.

I sponged the background in Island Indigo and Pool Party with a Stampin' Up! sponge.  I use a craft mat so I dab it on that and then start in a circular motion on my Whisper White card stock.  Then I stamped the fish in Old Olive, seahorse and shell in Crisp Cantaloupe, and cut them out.  I colored the fish in with Island Indigo and an aqua painter.  I colored the seahorse with Crisp Cantaloupe and the shell as well.  Then I added some Tangerine Tango for shading on the shell and also some pool party.   Then I added shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear pen.  It's very hard to see in the picture.  This is why I have a crooked photo.  I tried everything!

I need to practice more with the scenes.  I'm not really sure about the placement here.  I think I would add another fish in the future.  I just had to get it done and in the mail for my sister-in-law.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions or comments!




Some Stampin' Up! products used:




2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Another really cute card! Love the fish and the font on those stamps is great, wish my handwriting looked like that :)

Hope you're having a great day and week!

Marlene said...

Terrific card. The background is so pretty. Great technique. I haven't tried that yet.